There is no situation too complex for us to handle.
The division of your money and property can be a major unknown factor in a divorce. You may have worries about losing your hard-earned retirement or even the house where you and your children live.
Our team of attorneys has years of experience in divorce-related property and asset division. We will help you understand how Texas law expects you and your spouse to divide your property. We will even work with forensic accountants to trace and verify available assets.
Our Approach to the Distribution of Marital Assets
Our firm will help you look at your assets and debts and create a strategy that you understand by using our 7-step approach.
We will work together to:
- Analyze any prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
- Gather information to establish a characterization of your assets
- Review accounts and assets you may not have considered
- Account for unexpected or unusual liabilities and assets such as the proceeds from the sale of a business
- Negotiate an equitable division of shared assets
- Preserve the assets that were yours before the marriage
- Create a comprehensively proposed property division
Amicable Process for Dividing Property
While our team has over 20 years of experience in high net worth and high-conflict divorce cases, and we are well-prepared to take your case to court, we are also highly experienced in collaborative law and using alternative dispute resolution methods.